Saturday, June 19, 2004

With voice and hand he made the Opening spell which his aunt had taught him long ago...When that failed Ged stood a long while there on the pavement. At last he looked at the old man who waited inside.
"I cannot enter," he said unwillingly, "unless you help me."
The doorkeeper answered, "Say your name."
Then again Ged stood a while; for a man never speaks his own name aloud, until more than his life's safety is at stake.
"I am Ged," he said aloud. Stepping forward then he entered the open doorway. Yet it seemed to him that though the light was behind him, a shadow followed him in at his heels.

—excerpt from A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin

Spiderman #100

Fantastic gallery of comic book cover reproductions. Many favorites including some Neal Adams Batman covers from the 1970's.

Johnny Ramone update: A couple of e-mails from Marky Ramone as a follow up to what he said in the Rolling Stone article:

"I only wish the best for John and I hope he has a speedy recovery. A week before that I lost a friend named Bob Quine who I played with in the Voidoids. I wasn't looking for any publicity, I was disgusted hearing about what people were saying how Johnny was dying, some said aids, some said alzheimers. I had had enough so that's why I went public to preserve his dignity."

and:

"I have nothing against people who have aids or alzheimers and I did a lot of charities for them. I just wanted the rumors to stop of what Johnny's illness is that's all."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home