Tiny Glittering Snowflakes

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

...are dancing in the air even though there are no clouds in the sky. It is mind-manglingly cold and nobody likes it outside, especially the animals although they cannot complain for obvious reasons.

I've been reading the collected works of Flannery O'Conner and have had about enough of it, having read the two novels and about a dozen of her short stories. An excellent writer, but you have to be willing to plunge yourself into a world where just about everyone is insane, fed on corrupted biblical teachings, and ends up killing someone. But good, very good writing...

Also Sarah Vowell who I've seen on TV and heard on NPR. I just finished The Partly Cloudy Patriot and liked it so much I picked up Take The Canolli and I think I'll munch it up pretty quick. Tight writing + good humor + REAL historical anecdotes!

You have my permission to check out my recently published Micro Fiction story Totalitarian Dance Party at Girls With Insurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home